Favorite photo of your GMC Motorhome

Great photographs!

Please include year and model of your GMCs and remember the topic and theme here is favorite/best photo with the coach being the main subject of the photo. if anyone thinks that is too much to ask or insist on something else, start a new thread elsewhere so this one stays on topic and if anyone needs help/instruction for posting photos, feel free to PM me.

would also like to keep chit chat to a minimum in this thread so if your message is not intended for the whole world (Hello world!) please use the PM feature instead.

thanks for the cooperation and photo shares so far everyone, looking forward to more of the best.

Last edited:
I just got it so I don't have too many pictures yet, but I like this one. After picking it up from the previous owner I stopped at Reynolds Buick GMC in West Covina for a few pictures. This is the dealer that sold the coach new in 1977.

2019-10-20 at 14-43-27.jpgJeremy

Reactions: Chazzer and Russell
Hey Steve, Well that's cool!
Well thanks Justin !! It’s got some of your parts inside... most notably the walnut cockpit light/speaker panels slightly modified with a rotary dimmer on the led. I get compliments from everyone that notices them.

Two old photos from past ham-radio activities. The GMC is great for a radio contest.

I think this one was 2008, and the mid on the tires tells the story of driving the 4 miles of Jeep-rated forest road to get here. The coach behind mine belonged to Tom Phipps.

84A63737-70BD-4BD1-84DA-D43D885DF4E4.png

This was at Field Day 2007, I think. These are public events, and the coach, warts and all, attracts as much attention as the radios and towers.

5CB74607-ACF3-4B1C-9092-8FB8893A8ADA.png

Rick “it’s ugly but it has been a few places” Denney

Reactions: Chazzer
Two old photos from past ham-radio activities. The GMC is great for a radio contest.

I think this one was 2008, and the mid on the tires tells the story of driving the 4 miles of Jeep-rated forest road to get here. The coach behind mine belonged to Tom Phipps.

View attachment 1829

Rick “it’s ugly but it has been a few places” Denney

Thanks Rick,
This one makes me think of:
1574774926174.png

Thanks Rick,
This one makes me think of:
View attachment 1833
Don’t call Tom’s former coach a dog. :)

I keep looking at coaches with better bodies and paint jobs, but I have replaced precisely everything in the drivetrain, and the thought of moving all that over to a pretty body, or doing it all again, fills me with dread. I’ll wait until I can collect enough discretionary money all at once to get a paint job.

Rick “too much invested in it, and then there’s the money” Denney

Don’t call Tom’s former coach a dog. :)

I keep looking at coaches with better bodies and paint jobs, but I have replaced precisely everything in the drivetrain, and the thought of moving all that over to a pretty body, or doing it all again, fills me with dread. I’ll wait until I can collect enough discretionary money all at once to get a paint job.

Rick “too much invested in it, and then there’s the money” Denney

I hear you. Once you're far enough in there's no going back, finances and personal life be damned!