Need Texas Destinations

dsmithy

Oct 27, 2019
Ladies and Gents,
For the first time since retirement and with (somewhat) newfound confidence in our coach we are going to Texas from Nebraska towards the end of January and spending 6-8 weeks rolling/staying. We're hitting Texas at the western top, traversing the state counter-clockwise towards friends outside of Houston. Normally, we do a max 200 miles a day but we love to stop and stay awhile when there is something fun. We have the same interwebz tools everyone has but you all know a lot more about Texas than is in print. I would love your suggestions.

Ladies and Gents,
For the first time since retirement and with (somewhat) newfound confidence in our coach we are going to Texas from Nebraska towards the end of January and spending 6-8 weeks rolling/staying. We're hitting Texas at the western top, traversing the state counter-clockwise towards friends outside of Houston. Normally, we do a max 200 miles a day but we love to stop and stay awhile when there is something fun. We have the same interwebz tools everyone has but you all know a lot more about Texas than is in print. I would love your suggestions.

Big Bend National Park

Reactions: 23AndMe
Counter clockwise? NW to SW to SE to NE
1. Palo Duro Canyon. Do the Panhandle Plains Museum in Canyon while you're there.
2. Carlsbad Caverns. Not in Texas but close enough.
3. Balhorhea State Park
4. McDonald Observatory and Fort Davis Nat Historic Site
5. Big Bend Nat Park
6. San Antone, The Alamo, Spanish Missions, ...
Really need to go via the Hill County for some spectacular drives. Leaky, Medina, Junction, Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, Wimberly, then back to I10 and on to Houston.

Are ya gonna be pulling a car?

To be continued, ....

1. Palo Duro Canyon. Do the Panhandle Plains Museum in Canyon while you're there.
3. Balhorhea State Park
5. Big Bend Nat Park
Really need to go via the Hill County for some spectacular drives. Leaky, Medina, Junction, Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, Wimberly, then back to I10 and on to Houston.

To be continued, ....

Thanks bdub! No toad, just bikes.

If visiting San Antonio and planning to use your bikes for sightseeing, the Mission Trail hike and bike path south of downtown follows the San Antonio River and connects four of the Spanish missions. It's a good way to visit them if you like biking, weather permitting. The downtown area, including the Alamo and River Walk, is best explored on foot.

San Antonio has become a destination for "foodies", especially since the revitalization of the old Pearl brewery and opening of the Culinary Institute of America. Of course San Antonio has long been known for great Tex-Mex.

I don't have much first hand experience using the local public transit system, Via. I know it has routes all around the city, and most busses have bike racks. There are bus stops a few blocks from my house. If you are looking for a landing in San Antonio, I can offer 50 and 30 amp service, plus a fenced in yard if you travel with dogs. This offer goes out to anyone else passing through San Antonio in their GMC.

Steven, I'm definitely interested in your offer. Can we private message or something.

If visiting San Antonio and planning to use your bikes for sightseeing, the Mission Trail hike and bike path south of downtown follows the San Antonio River and connects four of the Spanish missions. It's a good way to visit them if you like biking, weather permitting. The downtown area, including the Alamo and River Walk, is best explored on foot.

San Antonio has become a destination for "foodies", especially since the revitalization of the old Pearl brewery and opening of the Culinary Institute of America. Of course San Antonio has long been knoStwn for great Tex-Mex.

I don't have much first hand experience using the local public transit system, Via. I know it has routes all around the city, and most busses have bike racks. There are bus stops a few blocks from my house. If you are looking for a landing in San Antonio, I can offer 50 and 30 amp service, plus a fenced in yard if you travel with dogs. This offer goes out to anyone else passing through San Antonio in their GMC.

3. Balhorhea State Park
5. Big Bend Nat Park

To be continued, ....
bdub,
No toad.
To be continued...???