Favorite GMCMI chapter website features?

Christo

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 4, 2019
Weymouth, MA
www.cruzingear.co
The GMC Nor'easters is working on rebuilding its website. What are your favorite features/sections on other GMC Motorhome regional websites, and why? Any ideas/requests, even if you haven't seen it on a club website yet?

Last edited:
A means of joining the club.
Some have a protected "Members Only" section where official club documents and rosters are kept for easy access.
A list of future events with registration forms and schedules.
Possibly an archive of events with photos.
Some helpful links to pages of interest to all owners.

Christo,
Billy has it well stated. What he has not emphasized is the value or the rally/event schedule that is right "in your face". The Great Lakers, which is the oldest chapter (soon also to be clear of FMCA), schedules 6 rallies from May to October. Most have a planned activity except the "Do Noting Rally". That website can be the heart of the club, but it also has to be maintained.

We want to make out way back east again. Both of us are refugees from the megopolis.

Matt

Christo,
Billy has it well stated. What he has not emphasized is the value or the rally/event schedule that is right "in your face". The Great Lakers, which is the oldest chapter (soon also to be clear of FMCA), schedules 6 rallies from May to October. Most have a planned activity except the "Do Noting Rally". That website can be the heart of the club, but it also has to be maintained.

We want to make out way back east again. Both of us are refugees from the megopolis.

Matt
Thanks Matt. I wholeheartedly agree about the rally schedule being a top priority; it's the main reason the club exists. My wife and I will never forget the rush of seeing a bunch of GMC's together in the same place for the first time.

Billy and Matt have pointed out some great "must have's". I maybe getting ahead of myself here but a couple of things I think would be useful:
If there could be a daily food menu for the rallies with a field that the host could ask for things to bring as well as who offers to bring it.
Also along the lines of activities. If someone wanted to put together some fun and games...ie Bean bag game, cribbage tourney scrabble or some other activity.
It would also be nice to have a spot for Jericho Brewing (me) to post what he's bring for home brewed craft beer : 0)

I know all of our members are not computer savvy so it should be made user friendly

Billy and Matt have pointed out some great "must have's". I maybe getting ahead of myself here but a couple of things I think would be useful:
If there could be a daily food menu for the rallies with a field that the host could ask for things to bring as well as who offers to bring it.
Also along the lines of activities. If someone wanted to put together some fun and games...ie Bean bag game, cribbage tourney scrabble or some other activity.
It would also be nice to have a spot for Jericho Brewing (me) to post what he's bring for home brewed craft beer : 0)

I know all of our members are not computer savvy so it should be made user friendly
Great ideas Jim, although the info you've suggested is for Nor'easters members and the website is intended to attract/inform non-members. Our private subforum here on GMCMHforum is more suited to your suggestions.