Bought a '78 model

Gerry,
Welcome to the group, family, cult, asylum....

If you have not already, plan to join GMCMI and look up the local owner's chapter. If you do not have all the owner and service documentation, it can be downloaded at GMCMI. Do that right away.

Next important thing is to build a good sigfile. As you must already know, not all GMCs are alike and some even OE differences matter a lot. With a '78 (403 engine) and Transmode (minimal interior documentation), you will have some difficult times. There may be others with upfits by the same people that can assist you. To this end, the sigfile will forestall a lot of confusion.

The biggest value of a GMC is not the BIG TOY feature, but the community it connects you to. This is a good reason to also get signed in to the original forum as well. Yes, that format is old and clunky, but the multi-decade owners are over there and most love to provide knowledge and insight.

You can also look in on the groups over at Facebook, but do not take any advice from there until you have fully verified it. There are some that write there that have provided not just wrong, but dangerous advice.

Travel in health

Matt

Matt,

thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'm in Australia and have joined a local owner's group. I'm on the GMCforum and will join the club tonight.

I have no idea what a sigfile is...

regards
Gerry

Gerry,
In the top right of the screen is your avatar. In your case this is still the default circle with a G in it. If you click on that, a menu will pop up and one of the choices is Signature. Go there and fill in some things about you and your coach. We like a real name so we know who we are helping and don't feel to stupid when we do meet. (There are a dozen coaches in OZ, and it could happen.) A short about the coach including major mods because they are not all alike as many believe. A geographic reference is good to because you may very well have an old friend that you need to meet.
Matt