1977 455 CID Birchaven Rear Bath

We are looking for a 1977 Birchaven with a 455 CID engine and rear bath. Looking for a solid frame with minimal to no rust and no rotted wood.

Thanks,
Tom Katzenberger
tomkatz3@comcast.net
Best of luck with your search, Tom. About 90% of GMC Moho production was for the 26', and in 1977 only 253 of the 23' were made, with even fewer having the 455 engine, so it might take awhile. I'd recommend expanding your search to include the capable 403 engine (77/78) or one from the 2nd generation (75/76); please let us know more about your thought process.

Yes, Very bad year, Wife has cancer, Mother has cancer and father has cancer and lost my pride and joy. I am trying to focus on the future and rebuild. I am in the process of getting a 4 post lift and looking for a good solid coach. Thank you for the well wishes. I hope to give you good news in the future. Take care and if you can keep an eye out for a good unit, it would be very much appreciated.

Christo, Thanks again. Things are not bad now. Everyone is alive and getting better. No one was hurt in the accident, to include the dogs. We are definitely blessed.

The unit in the photos has had a lot of modifications, I want to keep the interior layout the way it was originally. With everyone's help I am sure it will be a wait and a longer than I would like process.

Tom, sucks that you coach got damaged but patience is all one needs as it seems that these thing seem to pop up when you least expect it. Hope your families health keep moving in the right direction and we will keep an ear to the ground more you.

Tom
Your post got my attention. I have a 77 Royal with rear bath and I love it. My brakes were always an issue when I purchased 3 years back. I’m currently rebuilding the brakes OEM. Be well. Harrisburg Pennsylvania.

Henry,

If you plan to overhaul the brakes as OEM, I will make an expensive suggestion. That may be the least expensive system correction.
Call Applied (JimK, well Nick actually) and ask about the Drum/Drum arm set.
This only requires one small modification of the OE parts, and then all four rear brakes work as they should.
With a coach as light as a Birch, you may be able to lock one of the four rear tires, but it will not be the same one twice in my experience.
This made a remarkable improvement to my brakes and the same is reported by any others that I know of.

Matt